Yes. You read that right. Apple pie oatmeal. All of the rich decadence of apple pie with none of the regrets.
This warm bowl of oats is absolutely perfect for fall/winter weather, as it warms up your soul (and your tummy ♡). It’s filled with lots of warming spices that not only taste good but are good for you, from antioxidant filled cinnamon, vitamin-rich cardamom, anti-inflammatory ginger, to name only a few.
So go ahead, get comfortable with a yummy bowl of apple pie, because who can really tell the difference?
From my kitchen to yours, buen provecho, bon appetit, and as always, enjoy.
4-5 medium apples, diced
4 cups cooked oatmeal (cooked to taste)
1/4 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp ginger
2 tbsp cinnamon
2 tbsp agave/maple syrup
1/8 tsp cardamom
1 tsp pumpkin spice
1 tbsp vegan butter (I use Earth Balance)
1/8 tsp salt
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Melt butter, and add cardamom, fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the diced apples, and fry for 3-4 minutes until softened.
- Add the spices, agave/maple syrup, and salt, stirring well to incorporate.
- Cook for another 5 minutes making sure to stir often so nothing burns.
- Place your cooked apples on top of your cooked oatmeal, (add your favorite plant-based milk for extra creaminess!)
- Opt. Top with granola.
Note: Adding pecans or walnuts on top or into the apple pie mix adds an extra layer of yummy, healthy goodness!